Sea Shepherd Campaign Captures World Headlines
The Sea Shepherd Conservation Society's campaign to stop the slaughter of dolphins in Japan captured world headlines with the release of an Associated Press story that carried Sea Shepherd documentation of the horrific October slaughter of defenseless dolphins in Taiji, Japan.
The story was carried in newspapers and aired on television worldwide. The Sea Shepherd Conservation Society received feedback from Turkey, Thailand, New Zealand, Finland, China, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Australia, Great Britain, South Africa and many other countries.
Listed Below are a few examples of the Media coverage.
- Melbourne Herald Sun - October 31 - Dolphin Killing Video from Japan Released.
- The Toronto Star - October 30, 2003 - Dolphin slaughter in Japan `shocking, surreal'
Hunt in Taiji captured on video. Article by Steve Kravitz.
- China Daily - October 30, 2003 - Activists Claim Japan Dolphin Hunts Cruel
- O Estado De S. Paulo - October 30, 2003 - Page One Story
ONG divulga video: Matança de Golfinhos
- The Guardian - October 30, 2003 - Activists Claim Japan Dolphin Hunts Cruel
The Daily Mail - October 30, 2003 - The Blood Red Sea. Article by Charlie Bain
Full Colour Page 9
The Daily Mirror - October 30, 2003 - Sea of Blood. Article by Mark Ellis.
The London Sunday Times - November 2, 2003. 'The Dolphins Cry and Close Their Eyes When We Kill Them' Article on Page 27 by Julian Ryall
- TZ Munich - October 30, 2003 - Front Page - Die Welt Schreit Auf. Wer stoppt die Delfin-Mörder?
- The Irish Examiner - October 30, 2003 - Footage Reveals Dolphin Massacre
- The Scotsman - October 29, 2003 - Dolphin Massacre Turns Sea Blood Red
The Daily Record - October 30, 2003 - The Blood Red Sea. Story by Karen Bale.
From South Africa:
- Independent Online - October 29, 2003 - Activists Film Bloody Dolphin Kill in Japan
- El Pais - October 30, 2003. Front Page Colour story - La Caza de Delfines tine de Sangre La Costa Japonesa.
From the United States:
- San Francisco Chronicle - October 30, 2003 - Activists claim Japan dolphin hunts use brutal methods to corral, kill mammals
CBS News - October 30 - Bloody Images of Dolphin Slaughter