Sea Shepherd UK Limited (we/our/us) is a not-for-profit organisation, a registered charity, and is a Public Company limited by guarantee incorporated under United Kingdom Corporation law.
We collect and use information about you that is often private in nature. This policy outlines:
- Our contact details
- A general statement on our information handling policies
- What information we collect and why we collect it
- How to opt out of further correspondence
- How this information is held
- How you can access and correct the information held
- Our complaint and dispute resolution procedures
Sea Shepherd UK
27 Old Gloucester Street
General statement of handling policies
We respect your right to privacy and we recognise the trust you are placing in us through your dealings with us. As such we do everything we can to maintain that trust. Our staff are employed on the basis that they will protect information about you. This is our personal standard.
Under law your rights to privacy are also protected. The law places strict requirements on us to treat any information you give us as confidential.
The information you provide remains private and is only used for the purposes outlined below.
What information we collect & why we collect it
- Contact information such as name, address, phone numbers and email addresses are used to process receipts and to keep you abreast of any issues or developments we may think you have an interest in.
- Financial information such as bank account and credit card details are used to process transactions.
- Sometimes we collect some more personal information about you such as your age, date of birth etc. This information is used so we can notify you of any developments within Sea Shepherd UK Limited that may be of specific interest to you. This information is only collected with your full consent and you may always decline to provide that information to us.
- The information we collect is always treated as strictly confidential and is never disclosed to a third party without your prior consent, or unless required by law. We never make our database available to other organisations.
Opting out of further correspondence
If you do not wish to receive any further information on Sea Shepherd UK Limited or to be contacted about our work, you will be given the opportunity to make this election each time information is sent to you, or you may contact us directly to cancel any further communications.
How this information is held
- The security of your information is important to us. When we have collected information about you it cannot be seen or modified by anyone else. We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that your information is stored securely - both in electronic and physical forms.
- Where we use external contractors, such as a mailing house to send you our mail, any personal information disclosed to the contractor remains confidential to us.
Any information which we no longer require is destroyed. An exception to this is may be the retention of the information for data analysis or financial record keeping requirements. However if this occurs then the information will be retained in a form which does not allow you to be identified from that information.
How you can access and correct the information held
It is our policy to give access to our supporters to the information we hold on them. This is consistent with our commitment to transparency.
You may access your information at any time. If you would like to know what information we hold about you please contact us. If you discover your information is incorrect, incomplete or out of date please notify us and we will try to correct or add the information as soon as possible. If you would like to talk to our office about this please contact us on +44 (0)300 111 0501.
Complaint and dispute resolution procedures
We will try to satisfy any questions that you have and correct any errors on our part.